ij scan utility
The ij scan utility is an application that allows you to scan photos and documents from your Canon device to your computer.
What is the Canon ij scan utility (Scanner Software)?
IJ Scan Utility is an application that allows users to scan documents, photos, and more quickly. Users can complete from scanning to storage at once by clicking on the corresponding icon in the ij scan utility main screen. Known as a well-designed application for scanning documents, images, graphics, etc., ij scan utility is recognized as useful for shortening workflows. You can learn and keep scanned photos immediately just by clicking on the most critical clock in the application. Action-by-phase instructions for using apps like this, replace the machine before starting the scanning procedure, and after that position, each document that you will scan in the right place.
Steps to Open the Canon IJ Printer Utility (CUPS Drivers)
- Here's how to open the ij scan utility screen:
- From the Apple menu, select System Preferences.
- Select Print & Fax / Print & Scan / Printers & Scanners (the name will depend on which version of macOS® you use).
- Select the listing for your printer on the left side of the window, then select Options & Supplies.
- Select the Utility tab, then Open Printer Utility.
- The Canon IJ Printer Utility opens. Choose an option from the pop-up menu at the top left. The available options will depend on your printer model.
Download and install the IJ Scan Utility
Follow these steps to start the download process:
- Go to the Canon USA Support page. Because this article applies to many printer models, the above link will take you to the page that allows you to enter your specific
- printer model number. Model names differ by country, and only U.S. models will appear.
- Enter your printer/scanner model in the search box.
- When your model name appears, click it. This will take you to the specific support page for your printer/scanner.
- You will be directed directly to the Drivers & Downloads section. Make sure your operating system is selected in the dropdown.
- Under the Drivers heading, find the file name that includes "MP Drivers" , then choose the Select button on the right.
- Note The ij scan utility, the application needed to scan, is included in the MP Drivers package.
- Select Download to save the file to your computer.
- Once the download is complete, double-click the file to begin installation. Learn where to find the file if you are unable to locate it
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install the MP Drivers. When you have finished the installation process, you will then be able to find and open the ij scan utility to initiate scans.